Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Insomnia is Always Fun
I'm sure everyone has experienced a sleepless night or two. Here is my take on the possible causes. According to the Mayo clinic, some of the causes include the following:
* Stress - Does stressing over what you're going to eat count?
* Anxiety - I get anxious over undercooked beans and overcooked vegetables
* Depression - The thought of a messy house and piles of dirty laundry
* Stimulants - Does black mango tea count?
* Change in your environment or work schedule - Um, having kids changes lots
* Long-term use of sleep medications - Huh- insomnia with sleeping pills?????
* Medical conditions that cause pain - Does my DH's flatulence count?
* Behavioral insomnia- Why inflict more reasons not to sleep?
* Eating too much too late in the evening - Yes, this may be the culprit
And my favorite cause:
Insomnia becomes more prevalent with age- Great more reason to worry and not get sleep.
Hope you get some sleep everyone!! Good night or for some of us, Good Morning:)